Tea Tree is proud to support Reforest’Action with a pledge to plant one million trees by the end of 2022 in places where reforestation is needed most. Follow @teatreehaircare and #OneMillionWithTeaTree as we move toward our goal and learn how you can create positive change for our environment and communities around the world.
Use the code: TEATREE2020 to plant a free tree.
Continuing our partnership with Reforest'Action, Tea Tree has made a commitment to plant one million trees by the end of 2022 with the goal to:
- Offset 359,773,920 miles worth of CO2 from cars
- Support reforestation projects in Peru and Haiti
- Benefit local communities through additional revenue sources
- Protect soil from depletion and erosion caused by deforestation
- Educate children on the importance of trees and the environment
Tea Tree + Reforest'Action Campaign Update
TREES WHERE THEY'RE NEEDED MOST
PLANTING TREES IN HAITI
• Cashew trees will help restore the forest cover, which has suffered massive loss due to the production of charcoal (the population’s main energy source)
• In addition to helping with reforestation, the cashew tree also serves as a source of income diversification through cashew nut, cashew apple and cashew wood production
PLANTING TREES IN PERU
• Lemon trees will allow farmers to feed themselves on the fruits produced and sell them on the markets
• Capirona and bolaina trees will be used to produce construction wood
• Mahogany cedar will help restore the original forest of the Cordillera Escalera, a portion of the Amazonian forest
• Hevea will allow the production of natural rubber found in many everyday objects
• Bamboo will be used to protect river banks and other areas that may be flooded or subject to landslides
HEALING THE EARTH, HELPING PEOPLE
Reforest'Action works closely with a local research institute in Peru to empower farmers to use their ancestral knowledge to help cultivate new tree growth. They have chosen to plant a variety of trees including Mayan walnut, lemon, capirona, bolaina, mahogany cedar, hevea and bamboo, that will bring many benefits to the local communities.
In Haiti, Reforest'Action is committed to planting cashew nut trees on plots owned by local farmers. Its seed is used in many ways by local communities: in the manufacture of many confectionery and pastry products and to prepare cashew nut butter. This project will provide additional income and food to 1,500 families.