Paul Mitchell at the Met Gala
Chrissy Teigen’s brushed out 70’s waves were a bold and fun change from her signature beachy blonde locks. Hairstylist Jen Atkin, breaks down how to recreate her style using Paul Mitchell, from Monday's Met Gala, explaining the look was inspired by 70’s China Art Deco.
Here, Jen explains how to get Chrissy's look in a few simple steps.
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger HydroCream Whip
2. Use a large bobby pin to wrap hair in a figure of eight pattern, then press with the Neuro Smooth irons to create horizontal curls from roots to ends, on 1 inch sections of hair.
3. Mist hair with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray to set, then let strands cool.
4. Remove pins and brush through horizontal sections with a smoothing brush, lightly brushing up through mid-lengths for added volume.
5. Use Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrocream Whip on top and sides to smooth, tucking one side behind the ear.
6. Attach flowers with bobby pins and spray with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray.
Stay red carpet ready with Paul Mitchell - happy styling!
Amy is Paul Mitchell’s Creative Communications Manager and our go-to gal for all things creative in PR, including social media, editorial photoshoots, copywriting and more.