How to: fabulous fast hair up
Whether it's a prom, wedding or just a night out with the girls; save time on your Big Night Out with our 'Party Hair Express' step-by-step guide.
Must have products:
Must have tools:
- On damp hair, apply Quick Slip and Hot Off The Press prior to blow-drying.
- On dry hair, apply Dry Wash to the base of the hair to add texture.
- Divide the hair from the top of the head to behind the ear. Using a 413 Sculpting Brush, brush all the hair into a high ponytail on the top of the head. Add the front hairline to the ponytail, pinching out the base to soften the pulled-back hair. Use the Teasing Brush to smooth the hair.
- Apply the pre-made ponytail holder (a small elastic with two bobby pins at each end). Insert one of the pins at the base, wrap the elastic around the ponytail base and secure it with the second bobby pin.
- Check for balance and pull out some random pieces around the hairline to keep it soft.
- Apply the hair padding around the base of the ponytail and secure it with bobby pins.
- Divide the ponytail into three equal sections and clip away. On each section, start with a three-strand braid. Cross the right strand over the left strand to create a rope braid. Alternate back to the three-strand braid and then again to the rope braid until you reach the ends.
- Starting at the ends, lightly loosen the braids to create a softer look. Secure them with an elastic band, and at the last pull-through, capture the ends within the band.
- Continue this technique on all three sections.
- Place each braided section around the padding to cover. Check for balance and proportion, and finish with Stay Strong.
Enjoy your Big Night Out with Paul Mitchell Luxury Hair Care
Amy is Paul Mitchell’s Creative Communications Manager and our go-to gal for all things creative in PR, including social media, editorial photoshoots, copywriting and more.